Saturday, August 25, 2012

Blog Post #1

About Me

My name is Brittany Leavitt, and I am 21 years old. I have lived in Mobile my entire life, so all of my family is here. I met my husband here at South three years ago. He and I were married in September of 2010, and we welcomed our son Bryson into the world on February 15, 2011. I am a full time student and a full time mom! I wouldn't change it for the world. Since I can remember, I have always wanted to teach. I have 5 brothers and sisters, and I can remember teaching them how to read and write while we were growing up. Teaching has always been a passion for me, and I can't wait to make it a career!

I have a few hobbies that I love. I am very much into scrapbooking! It's my favorite thing to do in what little down time I do have! I feel like pictures and keepsakes tell someone's life story, so it is important to me that I create a book of these things for my family! I also love music, reading, and surprisingly learning. I feel very accomplished when I learn new things. I love to be able to teach someone something new, and in order to do that, I have to always learn new things myself!

Randy Pausch

After watching Dr. Pausch's video, I think one thing stuck out to me the most. He talked about experience coming with time. Time is obviously very important in this day and age. You never know when something is going to happen, so you have to make the most of the time that you have. In that time, you have the opportunity to experience things that can make you wise.

I had never heard of Randy Pausch before this, but I did do a little reading on his life after watching the video. He was a great speaker! I can't believe I haven't heard of him before. It is sad that his life ended so early due to cancer! I would have loved to hear him in person. He seems to have been very inspiring.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany,I really enjoyed reading your blog about life and hobbies. I too have a son his name is Jalen. I know that children can be a handful but they are also a blessing. You have a very well known blog post, but I would've like too know what area will you be teaching in. It sounds too me that you will be entering Early Childhood Education. I would like too know little more about your reasons wanting too become a teacher. In your Randy Pausch response I agree with time very valuable, and we must use each and every second wisely.I wish that I too had the opportunity too meet him as well.I liked the fact that you even chose too do a little farther research on Dr Pausch. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. You have proper grammar usage, line breaks used properly, and most importantly your blog was well written. I hope too read more of blog post in the future. Bye Brittany.

    ReplyDelete